To send a message to your contacts, create a campaign. As you build it, consider the following things:
- Why are you sending it—is it a marketing message, or does it serve a transactional purpose such as a shipping notification?
- Who should receive it? Is it a blast campaign that should be sent to a list of pre-defined or dynamically selected users? Or is it a triggered campaign that should be sent to a specific user after they trigger a call to Iterable's API or enter a particular node in a workflow?
- What message medium should the campaign use—email, push notification, in-app message, SMS or web push notification?
- What content should the message include? Is it completely new, or can it be derived from a template or a previously built campaign?
- How can you best personalize the campaign for each recipient? Can you make use of user profile data, data feeds, or Catalog data to make it as relevant and engaging as possible?
- When should the campaign be sent? Immediately, or at some time in the future? Or should it only be be send as the direct result of a user's actions? Should you use Send Time Optimization to increase the likelihood that users will open and interact with the message?
- How will you measure its success? Will you attribute purchases and revenue to it, or do you have another custom success metrics of some kind?
The answers to these questions will inform the types of campaigns you create and how you configure them, as described in the guides below.
This guide describes how to view, search, modify, clone, cancel, reschedule, abort, archive and unarchive, and export metrics for your project's campaigns.
Blast campaigns are sent to everyone that's included on a selected static or dynamic list. This guide describes how to create blast campaigns and configure them with various options such as Send Time Optimization.
Triggered campaigns are sent to specific contacts when they take an action that triggers a call to Iterable's API, or they enter a workflow send node. This guide describes how to create and send triggered campaigns.
It's often useful to attribute purchases and revenue back to a particular campaign, as a way of measuring its effectiveness. This guide explains how to do this.
Custom conversions make it possible to measure the success of a campaign based on the presence of a particular custom event (of your choosing) on the user profiles of its recipients. This guide describes how to set up custom conversion tracking.
This guide describes how to use folders and labels to organize your campaigns, making it easier to find them in the future.
To test the content of a campaign or template against various spam filters, run a spam report. This guide describes how to do this.
This guide provides various tips you can use to troubleshoot campaigns.