Iterable customer's can now easily trigger automated physical mailers through workflows with just a few minutes of setup.
This integration requires an Iterable account and a Poplar account.
If you’re not already an Iterable client, request a demo to discuss the how the Iterable and Poplar integration can work for you.
Full Poplar integration guides can be found here: https://docs.sharelocalmedia.com/triggered-mailing-api/-LOxL9oXnKuXLw_Bz-iZ/
If you have any questions reach out to: email@example.com
Iterable Webhook Configuration
1. Log into Iterable and go to the Integrations section, select Workflow Webhooks.
2. Click "New Webhook" and fill it out to match the image below.
Note: We strongly recommend you use a Test API Key white testing & configuring webhooks. There is no way to cancel API requests that are sent to our production environment.
3. Log into Poplar and setup a new API Key for Iterable. Copy the key.
4. Add a HTTP Header and configure an Authorization key and set the Bearer <Your API Key> (make sure to also replace the <>)
5. Set the form fields, make sure to go find the campaign on Poplar and copy the campaign ID. The order of the fields that you add is important, the request will fail if you mix up the order of the address fields. Reference the Image below for example of how to configure the key value pairs.
The last key/value pair is an example of using a merge tag to place variable data into the mailing.
6. Now that you've created the webhook, create a new workflow or go to edit a workflow and link it to the preconfigured webhook.
7. Send a test event by clicking the "Send Test Trigger" button. Put in a email of a user that is already in Iterable. Then you can go to Poplar and check the history tab of the campaign to find the mailing.
8. We recommend leaving the webhook live on sandbox for a period of time to get a sense for your volume. Once it looks like it's working well, go back in and replace the API key and the creative ID with the production versions.