Amplitude will now automatically ingest all of Iterable’s campaign metrics so you can better understand how your users engage with email, push, In app, SMS, web push, etc. and how their engagement affects their usage down-funnel within your app or website. Amplitude’s product-based analytics just got even better by unifying engagement and behavioral data.
*This integration requires both an Iterable and Amplitude account.
If you’re not already an Iterable client, click here to request a demo and discuss the how Iterable Amplitude integration can work for you.
Integration Description: The current Amplitude-Iterable integration is a one-way system webhook which is forwarded from Iterable to Amplitude as new engagement data is captured by Iterable (real-time). All listed system events in this doc are sent to Amplitude’s HTTP API with an event name which corresponds to the webhook e.g. ‘[Iterable] emailClick’.
*Note, This integration requires mutual customers to use the same identifier in Iterable (userId) as they do in Amplitude (user_id) in order to associate Iterable events to the user’s Amplitude profile.The Iterable userId field is then sent as a part of the webhook’s data fields object.
Steps to setup Iterable-Amplitude Integration:
- Ensure Iterable user profiles have the same identifier as Amplitude user profiles for mutual accounts.
- To get started, we recommend a bulk user update API call to update user profiles with the correct ids.
- Create a webhook with the Amplitude endpoint <https://api.amplitude.com/iterable> and Basic Auth in the form of <Amplitude API Key>.
- You have the option to select which metrics you would like Iterable to forward to Amplitude.
3. Here is an example of the JSON payload sent by our System Webhook:
"createdAt": "2016-12-02 18:51:40 +00:00",
"emailSubject": "My Subject",
"campaignName": "Testing attribution",
"templateName": "Attribution to any in time range test",
4. Confirm that the data arrived in your Amplitude account.
5. That’s it!
If you have any questions or need help setting up Amplitude with Iterable, contact your CSM.