Amplitude can now automatically ingest all of Iterable’s campaign metrics so you can better understand how your users engage with email, push, in app, SMS, web push, etc. and how this engagement affects their usage down-funnel within your app or website. Amplitude’s product-based analytics just got even better by unifying engagement and behavioral data.
Amplitude can also export and sync behavioral cohorts back to Iterable.
This integration requires both an Iterable and Amplitude account.
If you’re not already an Iterable client, click here to request a demo and discuss the how Iterable Amplitude integration can work for you.
Sending data from Iterable to Amplitude
Iterable can forward incoming engagement data to Amplitude through a system webhook. All listed system events in this doc are sent to Amplitude’s HTTP API with an event name that corresponds to the webhook (for example, ‘[Iterable] emailClick’).
This integration requires mutual customers to use the same identifier in Iterable (userId) as they do in Amplitude (user_id) in order to associate Iterable events to the user’s Amplitude profile.The Iterable userId field is then sent as a part of the webhook’s dataFields object.
To set up this integration:
- Ensure Iterable user profiles have the same identifier as Amplitude user profiles for mutual accounts.
- To get started, we recommend a bulk user update API call to update user profiles with the correct ids.
- You have the option to select which metrics you would like Iterable to forward to Amplitude.
3. Here is an example of the JSON payload sent by Iterable's system webhook to Amplitude:
"createdAt": "2016-12-02 18:51:40 +00:00",
"emailSubject": "My Subject",
"campaignName": "Testing attribution",
"templateName": "Attribution to any in time range test",
4. Confirm that incoming data arrives in your Amplitude account:
Exporting and syncing behavioral cohorts from Amplitude to Iterable
Follow these steps to export behavioral cohorts from Amplitude to Iterable:
- Input your Iterable API key into your Amplitude project’s integration module, found within the Amplitude Settings page.
- Create or navigate to the cohort of users that you wish to export from Amplitude. More info about the different types of cohorts that can be created can be found here.
- Click the Export button to export the users in your selected cohort to Iterable. This will push your cohort to an Iterable list so that you are able to engage your users based on behaviors tracked through Amplitude. The list on Iterable’s end will have the same name as Amplitude’s behavioral cohort.
- Amplitude’s cohort sync allows you to keep your Iterable list current on a daily/hourly basis. Select the cohort you would like to sync, and click Advanced Preferences to bring up a dialog to enable or disable this feature. A notification will appear at the top of each cohort that you enable syncing for, to provide the sync frequency, last synced time, and a manual Sync Now option.
If you have any questions or need help setting up Amplitude with Iterable, contact your CSM.