Foursquare and Iterable are powering the future of location-based engagement. Foursquare’s Pilgrim SDK delivers a hyper-accurate understanding of where your users go empowering Iterable to send customized, location-based messages that drive conversions both online and offline.
*This integration requires both an Iterable and Foursquare account.
If you’re not already an Iterable client, click here to request a demo and discuss the how Iterable Foursquare integration can work for you.
Examples of What You Can Do
Integrating w/ Foursquare introduces new location-based engagement, segmentation and personalization:
- Target Customers when they're most likely to engage: Trigger targeted messages to users when they are most likely to engage with your brand, such as when they enter your store location or when they depart from a `home` or `work` location.
- Re-capture lapsed customers or customers from competitors: Trigger targeted messages to users when they are in your competitors’ locations or send messages to customers who have strayed from your brand while they are at nearby locations.
- Discover your customers’ personal preferences ‘in the background’: Segment your mobile users based on their real-world preferences. Pilgrim can reveal which of your users are coffee-lovers or sports-fans allowing you to engage on a deeper level. Pilgrim does this by tracking visit patterns to specific venue types and then by assigning ‘personas’ based on the meta-data associated with to those venues.
- Make sure the [Pilgrim SDK](https://developer.foursquare.com/docs/pilgrim-sdk/quickstart) is properly setup. If you are also looking to utilize Iterable's In App Push Notification capability, you'll also need to get the [Iterable SDK]() setup also.
- Make sure that you've set any user specific ID in using the [`setUserId` method of PilgrimUserInfo](/link) in the Pilgrim SDK.
- Enter your Iterable API Key in your app's [Foursquare Pilgrim Console](https://foursquare.com/developers/apps/):
- Once you have configured the Pilgrim Console, the Pilgrim SDK will automatically track location events and forward them to Iterable, allowing you to easily engage with your users.