In Iterable, campaigns can be sent through Amazon SES's shared IP or through another ESP, such as Dyn, SendGrid or SparkPost. If you're using another ESP, you'll need to set up a separate sending and tracking domain. Please note: this does not apply if you're using Amazon SES.
(If your website is HSTS compliant and you're using Amazon SES, then an HTTPS tracking domain needs to be added - check out our Setting Up HTTPS links for Click Tracking article).
On the Mail Domains page, there are two sections: Sending and Tracking Domains...
- Tracking Domains are used to whitelabel links in your campaigns and for click tracking
- Only one tracking domain can be used for each sending domain
- When hovering over the links in your campaigns, users will see this domain
- When a user clicks on a link within your campaign, we will set 4 cookies on the tracking domain (more information here)
- Sending Domains is for setting the domain that you want to send from
- We recommend that you add and verify each sending domain associated with the senders you list in Settings > Senders
To add a tracking domain:
- Ensure first that you have registered the tracking domain CNAME (DNS) record with a value of "links.iterable.com"
- On the Mail Domains page, in the Tracking Domains section, enter the tracking domain that you'd like to use for whitelabeling links and click tracking
- Click on "+ Add Tracking Domain"
- Check the "Default" box if you would like this to be the default tracking domain for each of the sending domains that you enter
- If your website requires HTTPS and you completed the associated setup, notify your Customer Success Manager to toggle the "HTTPS" button to on
- Please allow 24 hours for the domain to be verified
Note: If your website is HSTS compliant and you are using a CloudFront distribution, the CNAME is shown on the Tracking Domains page as “links.iterable.com.” This occurs through double forwarding:
links.YOUR_DOMAIN.com CNAME to CloudFront Distribution CNAME to links.iterable.com
To add the sending domain, follow the instructions below.
- Add the sending domain to your ESP setup (your account manager can help with this)
- Add the associated DNS record(s)
- Go to Settings > Mail Domains in Iterable
- Under the "Sending Domains", enter the sending domain (i.e. mycompany.com) that you'll be using with your ESP account
- Click on "+ Add Sending Domain"
- If you do not want to use the default tracking domain for a particular sending domain, click "Edit" on the right side, then select a different tracking domain from the associated dropdown, under the "Tracking Domain" column.
- Notify your account manager or contact support to verify the sending domain