This guide will walk you through the steps of creating a push notification campaign within the Iterable app. Please note that there is a prerequisite that your mobile app already needs to be setup for push notifications. While not strictly required, we highly recommend integrating Iterable's mobile SDK in order for cleaner handling of token registration and notification tracking - steps for that are available for iOS and for Android.
- Set up a new campaign, whether it's a blast campaign, triggered campaign, or workflow node. When prompted to select a message medium, select "Push":
- Select the list of users that you will be sending push notifications to. Note that users need to have a device token on their user profile in order to receive a push notification. <<picture of device token>>
- Select an existing template or choose "Create a New Template" if you want to create a new one
- In the template editor, you can enter the following fields:
- Message Type: Select the message type you want to use for this push notification. Note that this will primarily be used to manage unsubscribes in a similar way to email templates, should you choose to manage push notifications in a similar manner.
- Push Message: The message that you want displayed within the push notification.
- Badge (iOS only): See setup instructions here.
- Sound: Click here for iOS setup instructions, click here for Android setup instructions.
- iOS Deep Link: Deeplinks can also be passed into the application directly via the Push Payload. You can add KeyValuePairs in the Push Payload of your Push Templates. See the setup instructions here.
- Android Deep Link: Deeplinks can also be passed into the application directly via the Push Payload. You can add KeyValuePairs in the Push Payload of your Push Templates. See the setup instructions here.
- Push Payload: Any data you would like to send from Iterable to your application, formatted as as JSON.
Once you've launched your campaign, you can view the metrics using the campaign analytics page. To understand more about push campaign metrics, view this support article.