Journeys (formerly called Workflows) are automated sequences of messages and interactions that you can set up to happen at exactly the right moment for each user.
With journeys, you can send messages, wait for users to open them, personalize each user's experience based on their attributes or behavior, update users' list membership and subscription preferences, and connect external tools (like Segment and Facebook).
You can use journeys to build things like:
- Welcome sequences
- Cart abandonment sequences
- Special offers and promos
- Birthday or anniversary sequences
- And so much more!
In this article
To view, search, and filter your organization’s journeys, you'll need the View Journeys, Campaigns, & Experiments permission.
To create, edit, or copy a journey, you'll need the Draft Journeys, Campaigns, & Experiments permission.
To archive a journey, you'll need the Manage and Publish Journeys permission.
Sign in to Iterable and go to Messaging > Journeys.
The Journeys page lets you keep track of all your current and past customer journeys at a glance. From this page, you can:
- Create a new journey
- Make a copy of an existing journey
- Check the status, entry source, sends, and last modified date of all your journeys
- Sort, search, and filter your journeys
- Archive journeys you no longer need
- Organize your journeys into folders
Creating a new journey
To create a new journey, click the New journey button.
This will take you to Studio, our journey builder tool. See Building and Editing Journeys to learn more about using Studio.