Currently, Send Time Optimization can be used with:
- Blast email campaigns (with or without a Send Time Optimization experiment)
- Workflow Send Email nodes (without a Send Time Optimization experiment)
- Blast push notification campaigns (without a Send Time Optimization experiment)
- Workflow Send Push nodes (without a Send Time Optimization experiment)
Additionally, note that:
- STO can only be used with marketing messages (not transactional).
- STO can only optimize send times based on project-specific data (it does not analyze cross-project data for the same user).
- STO can only select optimized send times aligned to the top of the hour.
- STO can only use a 50/50 control/variation split for Send Time Optimization experiments (this is not adjustable).
- STO does not guarantee higher engagement.
- For users with insufficient historical project data from which to derive optimized send times, Iterable always sends campaigns at their configured send times.
- Iterable updates its Send Time Optimization machine learning models once per week, using the newest available data for each project (weighting recent data more heavily). Given the large number of projects in Iterable, all models are updated over the course of the week and not on any set schedule.