With this release, Iterable's Mobile Inbox feature is now generally available.
With Mobile Inbox, users of your mobile apps can save in-app messages in an app-specific inbox and revisit them when it's convenient or when the content is more relevant.
Mobile Inbox makes it possible to send in-app messages that:
- Appear in the mobile app and then disappear forever after being closed.
- Appear immediately in the app and, after being closed, remain available in its inbox.
- Appear only in the app's inbox. These messages don't appear immediately, but can be seen by visiting the app's inbox. An unread count badge on the inbox tab icon (if appplicable) can help users know that new messages are available.
Iterable's mobile SDKs provide a pre-built mobile inbox user interface for you to use in your iOS and Android apps. The styles on this default implementation can be customized as necessary.
Iterable captures a set of events that can be used to help you understand how your users interact with in-app messages and your app's mobile inbox. These events correspond to in-app message sends, deliveries, opens, clicks, closes and deletes. Additionally, they make it possible to understand how many times a message made an impression in a user's inbox during a given inbox session and how long that session lasted as a whole.
For more information about Mobile Inbox, read:
- In-App Messages and Mobile Inbox
- Sending In-App Messages
- Events for In-App Messages and Mobile Inbox
- In-App Messages Overview
- Setting up Mobile Inbox on iOS
- Setting up Mobile Inbox on Android
- Customizing Mobile Inbox on iOS
- Customizing Mobile Inbox on Android
If you have any questions about Mobile Inbox, please contact your Iterable customer success manager.