Below you can find how to confirm whether your events are working or how to fix a setup that doesn't seem to work.
Table of Contents
The Contact Lookup section within Iterable allows you to view Events Tracked by user.
Click on the
Event History section of your test user to confirm that your events are being tracked to the correct user.
You will want to ensure that:
- The dataFields structure matches what you've added
- The data type is the correct time (
"Age":0,"dateTime":"2019-09-15 21:28:34 +00:00"). You can find all the Iterable data types here
- Iterable by default will track some information on the user (like image or I.P.) from third party systems. If you would like this tracking turned off, please notify your Customer Success Manager or Iterable Support.
- The Starred events will indicate it is a custom event.
- The Check Box will indicate it is a system event.
- Double check the API key
- Check the correct user based on whether you initiated the SDK with an Email or UserId identify call.
Push Opens Are Not Tracked
Custom Events Tracking
Make sure you are using a call to track event when trying to track custom events. You can either use API events/track or use following code to add custom event tracking to your app
IterableAPI.track(event: "Custom_event", dataFields: ["key":"value"])