Using Liveclicker with Iterable allows you to create unique, personal experiences in the inbox of your users. Liveclicker draws on realtime data that updates email experiences up until the user opens them.
*This integration requires both an Iterable and a Liveclicker account.
If you’re not already an Iterable client, click here to request a demo and discuss the how Iterable Liveclicker integration can work for you.
Below is an example of one of the many "up to open" experiences you can create with the Iterable Liveclicker integration.
HOW TO CREATE A LIVECLICKER’S LIVETIMER AND INSERT INTO ITERABLE
The LiveTimer Element is used to countdown to events, promotions, registration deadlines or time remaining in sales. The timer counts from the moment a person opens an email to the event or promotion date creating a sense of urgency.
After completing the three steps in the setup wizard, users will be able to copy and paste the embed code directly into their email template in Iterable where the timer will be displayed. Upon opening, the timer will display the exact amount of time remaining to the event.
HERE IS AN OUTLINE OF HOW TO USE THE LIVETIMER WIZARD:
- Name your campaign, and check the LiveTimer checkbox on the first step of the campaign creator to add a Timer wizard into your campaign.
- In Step. 1 - Basic Settings:
- Choose whether or not you would like your Timer to clickthrough to a URL
- Choose your Timer Layout, you can choose between 2 choices:
- Always show running seconds: This layout will always show 4 units of time including: Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds
- Only show running seconds in the last 99 hours: This layout will only show 3 units of time: Days, Hours, Minutes or Hours, Minutes, Seconds. It will only show Hours, Minutes, Seconds in the last 99 hours before your Timer expires.
Click the "Save and Next" button to go onto Step. 2 when you have made your selections
- In Step 2 - Configure Timer, you need to first configure the settings for the Default Timer you will be using:
- Select the dimensions (width and height) you would like the Timer to be
- Configure your timer appearance by choosing one of our default appearances (White, Dark, Grey, Light, Green, Red) or create a Custom appearance. When using RealTime's default colors, you must also choose one of the default sizes provided in the text area above the Timer Appearance or your Timer background will appear stretched.
- ADVANCED: Read this article to learn how to create Timers with Custom Appearances >
- Set the Clickthrough URL for your Timer
- Set the Expiration for your Timer and select whether you want to your Timer in the opener's local timezone. For more information setting your Timer expirations, read this article >>
- Upload an expiration image for your Timer, choose your Expiration Image Dimensions and Expiration Image Clickthrough URL. If you do not upload an expiration for your Timer, Liveclicker will serve your timer with all zeros by default with your default clickthrough URL.
- ADVANCED: Choose whether you like to set up personalized Timer Expirations for your openers. To do this, you must feed your personalized expiration data via the Timer Expiration custom field in Account Settings. If this field is not set up, this feature will not work. Read this article to learn more about how to set up personalized expirations for your timer >>
You can duplicate your default Timer or click the "Add a New Timer" button to create different versions of your Timer that you can target and test by in Step 3.
When you are done setting up all your Timer versions, click the "Next" button.
- In Step 3 - Target & Test, you can add targeting rules to target your Timer versions.
- To add a targeting rule, click the "add targeting rules" button to create a rule set. Use the drop downs to define your rules. You can add multiple rules to a rule set by clicking the "Rule +" button. Then select the version you want to use for that rule set.
- You can also set up 2 different types of A/B test for your Timer. You can A/B test a segment set up by a rule set by clicking the "A/B Test this Rule Set" button inside of the rule set, or you can set up a general A/B test for all openers not specified by a rule set clicking the "Add A/B Test +" button in the blue A/B testing box.
Once you have set up all your targeting rules and A/B tests, click "Save Targeting Rules" then click "Continue" to finish your set up for your Timer.
- Now you are taken to the "View Campaign" page, where you can test and preview your LiveTimer, and copy your embed code and Duration of Open embed code to be pasted into your email template.
- Copy your embed code and Duration of Open embed code to be pasted into Iterable’s Templates under HTML version in the email HTML where the Liveclicker element should render.