This guide describes Iterable's Manage Templates screen, which allows you to view and edit your project's base templates (and to work with them in various other ways, too).
Table of contents
- Manage Templates screen
- Viewing all of your project's templates
- Creating base templates
- Working with base templates
- Further reading
Manage Templates screen
To work with your project's base templates, use the Manage Templates screen (Content > Templates), which looks like this:
- This screen lists base templates, but not campaign templates or workflow templates.
- To view a campaign template, navigate to Messaging > Campaigns and open the campaign in question.
- To view a workflow template, navigate to Messaging > Workflows, where each workflow provides a list of its associated campaigns. Open the campaign in question.
All of a project's members can view its base templates. However, the Base Templates > Create & Manage permission is required to do the following things:
- Edit a base template
- Delete a base template
- Restore a base template revision
- Clone a base template to the same project
To clone a base template to another project, you must have the Base Templates > Create & Manage permission for both the source and destination project.
Viewing all of your project's templates
The Manage Templates screen lists all of a project's base templates. Use the Email, In-App, Push, SMS, and Web Push tabs to filter them by type.
Creating base templates
To learn how to create base templates, read Creating Base Templates.
Working with base templates
To edit, preview, clone, or delete a base template (or to export its HTML or view an associated spam report), hover over its row and click the relevant option:
Previewing base templates
There are various ways to preview a base template:
- To view screenshots of how the base template will look on various devices, click Device Preview. This option is available for email templates only.
- To view how the base template will look when after it has been customized with user data, click Data Preview. For more information, read Previewing Templates with Data.
- To view the base template in a new browser tab, click Preview In New Tab.
Editing base templates
To edit a base template, click its name. This will launch a template editor, allowing you to make any necessary updates.
Cloning base templates
To learn how to create new base templates by cloning existing base templates, campaign templates or workflow templates, read Cloning templates.
Viewing spam reports
To view a report that describes whether or not a base template passes various spam filters, click the Spam Report link. You'll see a screen similar to this:
This option is available for email templates only. For more information, read Viewing Spam Reports.
Viewing, comparing and restoring base template revisions
To view a base template's revision history, hover over its row and click Revisions:
To compare the HTML content for two revisions, select them and click Compare Selected Versions. Restore a particular revision by hovering over its row and clicking Restore.
Restoring a revision adjusts the base template's content, but it does not change settings such as the subject line or custom link parameters.
To export a base template's HTML, hover over its row and click Export HTML. This option is available for email templates only.
Deleting base templates
To delete a base template, hover over its row, click the trash can icon, and respond to the prompt.