We’ve built an integration with Segment that allows you to pipe email campaign data out of Iterable and into your warehouse, where it can interact with Segment’s 200+ integrations.
The data will be sent to Segment as a track() call.
How to Enable
In order to enable the data source, you will need a
- Segment account
- If you are creating a new Segment account, please give us a shout out by listing “Iterable” in the How Did You Hear About Us? field.
- Iterable account
1. Select Iterable from the Cloud Apps catalog from your workspace’s /sources page
2. Give the source a nickname and a schema name. The nickname will be used to designate the source in the Segment interface, and the schema name is the namespace you’ll be querying against in your warehouse. Both can be whatever you like, but we recommend sticking to something that reflects the source itself, like "Iterable" for nickname and "iterable" for the SQL schema name.
3. On the overview page, copy your write key into Iterable.
4. Click Save.
5. In Segment, turn on the integrations you want to sync or connect your warehouse.
Alternatively, you can enable Iterable as a source within Iterable. Go to Integrations -> Third Party on the left menu.
Add a new integration and choose 'Segment'.
Locate and enter your Segment write key.
If you are using Iterable for mobile push notifications, Iterable can also send push delivery, bounce and open events as track calls to Segment.
Confirm the Source is Working
You can confirm that the Source is working by sending a test campaign to yourself. Iterable supports these events:
- Email Delivered
- Email Opened
- Email Link Clicked
- Email Marked as Spam
- Email Bounced
- Push Delivered
- Push Bounced
- Mobile App Uninstalled
- Push Opened
- SMS Delivered
- SMS Bounced
- SMS Received
You’ll also see this message once data is flowing to your Integrations or Warehouse.
If these events are flowing into your Segment debugger, you’ll know that the Source is properly enabled. If you run into any issues, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read about use cases here and more about Segment’s Sources product here.
Examples of Iterable Email Events in Segment
1. Email Delivered
2. Email Opened
3. Email Link Clicked