A triggered campaign is an email or push campaign that is sent after a triggering event has occurred. An example would be an order confirmation email triggered by a purchase event.
Here's an example of a triggered email:
Follow these steps to create a triggered campaign in Iterable:
1. Click on the “Create New Campaign” button or the “New Triggered Campaign” option on the left menu bar.
2. Enter a name for your campaign, select the “API triggered campaign” type and the appropriate medium (email or mobile push).
3. Click “Continue to Templates” to select a template for the campaign. This will clone a base template and create a new template with a new template ID that is completely unique to the new campaign. If you’d like to build a template from scratch, choose the ‘Use Empty Template’ option. You can also use a data feed to populate your template.
4. Click the ‘Continue to Design’ button to make any necessary edits for your template. Next, you can either create an A/B experiment for the campaign or save and continue to schedule the campaign.
5. On the Review & Launch page, you will see a sample API request for the campaign. In your app, whenever you would like to trigger the campaign, you would call the Iterable email target API. After you activate the campaign, the email will send whenever you make the email target API request.