To create, view, edit, copy, and archive the campaigns in your Iterable project, use the Messaging > Campaigns page.
In this article
Viewing your project's campaigns
To see a list of the campaigns in your Iterable project, navigate to Messaging > Campaigns (the landing page when you first sign in). Here, you can:
- Sort, search, and filter your campaigns.
- Create new campaigns.
- Edit or copy existing campaigns.
- Check a campaign's status, audience, launch date, and last modified date.
- Cancel and deactivate campaigns.
- Archive campaigns you no longer need.
- View campaign performance data.
- Organize campaigns into folders.
The Campaigns page displays all the journeys in your project: blast campaigns, API-triggered campaigns, and journey campaigns. For each campaign, you can see details such as:
- Message medium (email, etc.)
- Engagement statistics
- Launch date
- Modified date
For more details about a campaign, twirl open the disclosure arrow next to its name.
For some campaigns, you may also notice:
- A lightning bolt icon, which indicates that the campaign is associated with an Iterable AI feature like Send Time Optimization.
- A beaker icon, which indicates that the campaign is associated with an experiment.
- A moon and stars icon, which indicates that the campaign has Quiet Hours enabled.
|Draft||The campaign isn't complete. It needs an audience or content.||Blast and triggered|
|Ready||The campaign is complete but not live. It can be sent or scheduled.||Blast and triggered|
|Running||The campaign is actively sending messages.||Blast and triggered|
|Scheduled||The campaign is scheduled to send at a later date or time.||Blast|
|Recurring||The campaign is live, and will repeat sends based on the set schedule.||Blast|
|Aborted||The campaign started sending, but you aborted it before all sends completed.||Blast|
|Recalled||An in-app campaign's messages have been recalled.||Blast and triggered|
|Recalling||An in-app campaign's messages are in process of being recalled.||Blast and triggered|
|Finished||The campaign has completed its sends.||Blast and triggered|
|Archived||The campaign is no longer active.||Blast and triggered|
Created and updated by
To see who last modified a campaign (and when), hover over the details in the Last Modified column.
To see who created a campaign, hover over the timeframe shown in the Last Modified column.
Sorting, searching, and filtering campaigns
To find a specific campaign in your project, you can:
Sort your campaigns by name, status, launch date, or last modified date. To apply a sort, click a column header. To reverse the sort, click the header again.
Search for a campaign by name or ID, using the search bar in the upper-right corner of the page.
Filter the displayed campaigns. To do this, use the Filters menu or quick filters. The Filters menu provides various fine-grained filters:
When you apply multiple filters, campaigns in your results list match at least one of the filters you’ve selected (not necessarily all of them).
Quick filters (All, Drafts, Scheduled, Live, Finished, Archived), found in the top-left corner of the page, select preset combinations of filters in the Filters menu. For example, the Live quick filter selects Recurring, Running, and Scheduled in the Filters menu.
You can search and filter at the same time. For example, to view completed
Black Friday campaigns, you might select the Finished quick filter, choose
Channel type > Marketing from the Filters menu, and enter
in the search bar.
Creating a new campaign
To create a new campaign, on the Messaging > Campaigns page click the New Campaign button. Then, choose a message medium from the dropdown menu:
To learn more about creating new campaigns, read Creating and Configuring a Campaign.
Editing an existing campaign
To view or edit a campaign, open it by clicking its name.
- Clicking a Draft or Ready campaign takes you to the campaign configuration page, where you can continue working on it.
- Clicking a Scheduled campaign takes you to the campaign Review page.
- Clicking a Finished campaign takes you to the campaign Summary page.
- Once a campaign begins sending messages, you can only change its name and labels.
- Any changes you make to a recurring campaign only affect future sends.
- Changing a campaign that is part of an experiment affects the experiment control, not its variants. If you want to apply the same changes to each of a campaign's experiment variants, you'll need to edit them, too.
Copying a campaign
To copy a campaign, click the overflow menu (three dots) in its row, and select Make a Copy from the dropdown.
When you copy a campaign, Iterable creates a new campaign and gives it a unique ID. Campaign copies are not automatically scheduled, sent, or activated.
Whether an experiment is copied with a campaign depends on the experiment status:
- Draft or Running - The experiment is copied with the campaign. A copied experiment is always place in Draft.
- Finished - The experiment is not copied with the campaign.
Archiving a campaign
When you archive a campaign, it's removed from the campaign list and can't be used for future sends. However, archived campaigns aren't deleted. To restore them, from the Archived tab, select the campaign you want to restore, and select Unarchive from the overflow menu (three dots).
Organizing campaigns with folders
To group similar campaigns so you can find them more easily, use folders.
- Folders can be used to group resources of the same type. You can't add templates, campaigns, and journeys to the same folder.
- Folders can be nested up to 10 levels deep.
To create a new folder, click New folder. Give the folder a name, and click Create folder:
To move a single campaign into a folder, click the campaign's overflow menu and select Move to folder.
To move multiple campaigns into a folder, use the checkboxes on the left side of the page to select the campaigns you want to move, then click Move to folder in the purple bar at the top of the page.
Next, learn about Creating a Campaign.